User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust Mod?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    Thanks again for this Silbo, I think I might get an Akra next time I put the bike in for a service, it sounds like it makes a fair bit of difference. I am interested to know how the dyno remap and power commander 3 turns out.
    My bike runs a lot better now, it seemed to take about 1500 miles to loosen up. I also find it does run better on the higher grade fuel. John
    Hi John - Merry Xmas to you and yours - it may be white one, up in the frozen north! I have an update on the PC3 situation. I noticed before the NEC Bike Show in Nov that the DynoJet website was no longer showing the PC3 as available for the KTM Duke 390, so I resolved to speak to them at the show. I spoke to a very helpful guy called Richard, who heads up their development team. They have a 390 and are some way down the road to getting the mapping sorted, but it is quite complex, due to the closed loop sensor that controls the cold running and the need to map the ignition curve with it. Nothing that can't be overcome, but their US parent has halted development for now, in favour of other priorities. I guess once the various 390 models reach the US in 2015 and the tuners get to work, that will change, so I'll just have to wait until then.
    For now, I have a bike that looks gorgeous, goes well, but will go even better, once KTM's poor mapping s/w is enhanced to unleash the true potential. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Silbo; 12-25-2014 at 11:45 PM.