Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Riding tips to be a pro

I am compiling the list of techniques that a pro imbibes in his driving.
    --Don’t scream up behind a vehicle and sit on its bumper revving your engine. Stay a safe distance behind then, when you’re going to overtake, pull out laterally so you can see what is ahead of the vehicle. It might be slowing because a vehicle ahead is turning. Once you can see it’s safe, accelerate into the gap.
    --When accelerating, practice quickly rolling off the throttle to unload the gearbox and then clicking up a gear without using the clutch. It’s much smoother and faster than using the clutch, doesn’t harm the bike’s gearbox, and clutchless changes are much easier on pillions.
    --Just circulating a roundabout is a great way to learn how far over you can lean a motorcycle. Find a quiet one with as few exits as possible, and go round and round. Don’t worry about knee-down nonsense, but get comfortable with how far you can actually lean a modern bike.
    --When coming up to a car looking to turn out of a junction, watch their wheels. They’re the very first things to move and you’ll instantly know if they’re staying put like a good chap or whether they’re about to make an assault on your life.
    --Start in first gear, or for modern V-twins 2nd gear is safer. Accelerate to just before the power comes in then slip the clutch in and out. Don’t pull it in and dump it, just slip it, and accelerate smoothly at the same time. This will make the front wheel rise. As the front wheel rises do a clutchless-shift into the next gear; now just ride the wheelie, going up through the gears as you pass the meat of the power in each ratio.

I have attached a video for your reference.I know its quite long,but this shall decipher the extent of your driving under acclimatized and acute weather conditions.

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Verdana">

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome list of tips Thanks for sharing this video I still have so much to learn about riding bikes, all the tips I have read are so useful. I found the video really interesting by the way, I hadn't thought about the helmet factor! I never thought the colour of the helmet we wear is that important. Very helpful tips!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the useful advice! Next ride I take, I'm definetly going to follow these tips. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derailed View Post
    Thanks for the useful advice! Next ride I take, I'm definetly going to follow these tips. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    Awesome list of tips Thanks for sharing this video I still have so much to learn about riding bikes, all the tips I have read are so useful. I found the video really interesting by the way, I hadn't thought about the helmet factor! I never thought the colour of the helmet we wear is that important. Very helpful tips!!
    Glad that you liked it,i personally had a lot to learn from this.Especially the one with overtaking a bike.
    Oh trellum,yeah COlor of helmet..?? Where did i mention that.? This thread is an old one and i might have forgotten.