Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the next step up?

Do you have a progression as to your next bike? Many bikers start with a smaller bike when they first start riding and then move up to something larger. Will you stick with the KTM or do you want a bigger bike?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, actually my soon to be sister in law started riding a moped. I wasn't smart enough to do the same, lol and went big since the start! I actually started riding a Bolt! My cousin's Yamaha bolt and it was completely awesome! I actually want to get that bike or the CTX700... for cruising mostly. The duke looks more like a sporty bike for stunts and racing for fun against friends, I'm more the chill out type who enjoys riding and the road...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too although I do like the look of it and from what I have read its a good ride. All I really want to do is get out on the weekends and just cruise and cruise and cruise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now I'm considering getting a KTM 390. I watched some reviwes and it seems like a nice bike overall. I guess I'm a bit passionate of buying new bikes, ha ha. It will take me some time to get all the money, but it's worth it, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go back and forth on what I want my next bike to be. One day its one thing, another day its something else. Back and forth, back and forth. Sooner or later I will figure it out and just go out and buy the darn thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firelily99 View Post
    Me too although I do like the look of it and from what I have read its a good ride. All I really want to do is get out on the weekends and just cruise and cruise and cruise.
    I like it as well I like the fact Rok Bagoros uses the KTM bikes to do all his stunts, that speak volumes of this bike I'm not sure I'll ever get it tho, it's a sport bike and very powerful, so I'm not sure I'll get it anytime soon. I might get it after a couple of years, once I become a more experienced rider.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firelily99 View Post
    I go back and forth on what I want my next bike to be. One day its one thing, another day its something else. Back and forth, back and forth. Sooner or later I will figure it out and just go out and buy the darn thing.
    Do you have a lot experience riding bikes? If you don't then I don't recommend you the 390 or any of the KTM Duke bikes, I'd go for something like the CTX700. That bike is perfect for starters, and specially females, because its low gravity center. It's a cool bike, might not be as fast as this one, but I think it's a good choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have experience but I took a number of years off from riding so at times I do feel rusty. Its a bike that I would consider down the road but only after I have knocked the rust off of my driving. Its more a case of getting my confidence back and getting the rhythm of riding again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I think it's similar to learning how to ride a bike or drive a car; you never forget it, but you do tend to get rusty if you haven't done it for a while. I had the same when I stopped driving for a while, my mom scared me when she told me something like: ''what if you can't remember how to drive or if you forget something?''. Lol, great, way to go mom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone the other way. Having owned numerous big Jap multis, a Moto Guzzi, a Ducati and a KTM 690 Supermoto, I decided that the way to go was to think about the riding I do mostly and buy the bike that would put the biggest smile on my face when doing it. As most of my riding is urban, with regular scoots out into favourite twisty country lanes, seldom more than 30 miles at a time, there seemed no point in buying yet another big bike that would be hardly used and to be honest impossible to ride at more than 60% of its capabilities, if I want to live.
    So I bought the Duke 390 and I haven't looked back. Sure, it's not got the same grunt, but I can ride it to 90% of its capability with ease and that's what puts a smile on your face. And TBH, 80 mph on a motorway is same on a GSX-R as on a Duke 390. I've bought orange bits galore for it and will be going down the Akrapovic exhaust route next month too and I love this little demon!