Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Howdy Ya all! (Kudus to Dennis for starting this thing)
    No idea how I found your site- possibly from the factory website. Why I chose this machine: I already have three single-cylinder four strokers. Problem is- they are all in various stages of dismantlement. *Do Ya wanna wrench, or do Ya wanna ride? And what the hey- the last new bike I gave myself, was a '70 Norton Commando. (That one was quick, and it handled real good- but it was jinxed. And it killed the guy who bought it stolen! I decided to revert back to plonkers about 30 years ago, because I believe that single four strokes, are the safest bikes to ride. They tend to be light, IWhen your bike falls on you- weight and mass are bad news. Another important factor: On a closed throttle, the piston is descending and compressing the atmosphere inside the motor, (this is called Secondary Crankcase Compression- it is a strong force- and much more linear than a human can do! (Even on glare ice, when ya wanna slow down, ya just close the throttle. And you don't lose traction on either wheel! (I would not even dare to ride a twin or a multi on ice!
    I wanted the 690- been lusting for that one since they came out. But when I sit on it, my toes barely touch the ground! I ain't riding That in city traffic! (Shame on KTM). Saw the 390 at the bikeshow here. (Never heard of it before then.) My feet touched the ground when I perched on it!
    Not getting my greasy paws on it until it arrives in late April. But KTM should consider getting them in here quicker, If they want to keep up with the demand, after these things hit the street? Waddya say. KTM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all

Hi everyone. Abhi here from delhi india, new to this naked bike scene, always liked faired bikes but thought why not give this orange monster a try.Ride safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Im James from Liverpool in the UK.

I have a KTM 390 Duke and I love it, I find it hard to get off once I'm on.

Just recently put it through for MOT and there has been a few slight problems but I will go to a suspension thread for that

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

I'am Aashish Pachauri. I'am from Delhi India, and I own a duke 200. I call her BOYKA. I work as a sales associate in a software servicing firm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - I'm from Brazil - have just bought a Duke 390 and have been taking benefit from reading the forum ever since as a non-member - decided to enjoy the group and share my experience as well. :-)