User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oivas View Post
    Hari Hara,

Duke is indeed a great bike. Glad you found the right first bike. Which one is it? 200 or 390? Let me know.
    It's the 390. Too much for a beginner?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Hara View Post
    It's the 390. Too much for a beginner?
    [email protected]! That too much in fact.Especially the PS part where you need some resolve to handle the power,torque it produces.produces. Ahmm still guess you can start safe proceed with the common rife.:P
    I am bragadish from chennai,I own a unicorn and had a R15,which i sold a couple of months back.I sold it,for i was in accidents when riding on it.I lost my emotional feel for the bike and decided this ain't suit me.The unicorn although a low power bike gives me a decent ride in the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello to all!
    I'm Michael from Greece!
    I own a Ducati SS900 and i bought the Duke 390 because i thought it can give me the pleasure of good driving in the town and especially Athens. The bike is amazing. I can do whatever i want in the time that i want! And with very good brakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy mate!

Been active on many other forums (netrider) but want to participate in a dedicated forum on the Duke.

To summarise my past 6 months : Moved between continents, new job, new house, mayor mid life crisis, bought a Duke! Life begins at 40 they say! Here's to the journey!
    Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, I'm from Langley, BC... have rode a bike before, and loved it would like to get my license one day soon and a bike of my own.
    .I really like the looks of the KTM..maybe I will purchase one someday...or find someone who needs a riding partner..lol

Mouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, I'm Firelily from Connecticut, US. Really delighted to have found this site and am looking forward to learning about the KM 90 Duke motorcycle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am zzmelayu from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. KTM launched 390 in Q3 last year & I got one last year. Awesome bike. Was looking to make some upgrades and stumbled on this forum. Decided to register. This little bike is great for blasting up & down mountain roads with tight corners. I keep the engines revving in 3rd at 6000-7000 rpm (yep bz engine) which keeps it nicely in the powerband, just busy enough to get to the next corner. No gear changes. Left a BMW GS & a Kawasaki Z800 in its dust last weekend. Mainly because of its 130kg curb weight, makes the 390 so flickable and a fun bike to ride. I have 3 complaints on the stock setup: clutch lever, brakes & seat. Seat is too hard! Good for max 2 hours. Brakes just adequate. Slight fade after 30 mins. Clutch does not have a positive feel & needed to be forced with a full grab of the lever to change. Seeking to improve all 3 flaws. Otherwise, excellent little bike to play with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am Nick from Rockhampton, Australia. I am currently looking for a bike and am using this forum to help me in my decision. I was going to get a Honda CB500X then stumbled upon the Duke 390. Both are similar in a lot of ways, but the Duke is about AUD $1000 cheaper and 60 kg lighter. My only issue with the Duke is its quality and reliability. Hopefully, this forum will answer those questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, joeboy69 from RSA here, love forums somhopemtomchat to you all about experiences and pimping our rides. My other bike is a K1200S, buying this as a commuting option.

I hope I'm wrong in saying he forum seems a bit quiet ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool new member welcome thread

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Many new members join and don't introduce themselves so I have added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

I will go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to this bike .... ... It doesn't matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go for a ride.... The world disappears... my Yamaha FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work as an instructor at the British Columbia Institute Of Technology..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next....

Dennis
    I will go first
    AttaJoeboy69! Great idea! (And you are a Canuck too!) Am presently in Toronto- but I used to hang out in your area 30 years ago. Am considering a ride across to Victoria later on this year.
    Just ordered a new 390 last month- not coming in until late April though, (It ain't mine until I am sitting on it.)
    Regards,
    Kinky