Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KTM RC390 Information

KTM's Canadian site shows the RC 390 before its EICMA launch...

ENGINE

375cc Liquid cooled, single cylinder, 4 stroke already pulling duty in the Duke 390 . Compact and stacked design leaves the engine weight a quite light of 79 lbs. Little single cracks out 44hp for your pleasure.

BRAKES

Developed with Brembo, single disc 4 piston 300mm radial calipers up front, single disc 230mm single piston floating caliper in the rear. Standard ABS, disengageable at will.

BODYWORK

RC 390 keeps the basic looks of its Cup sibling, much of the styling has been yanked from the RC8. The Rearsets have been positioned to allow maximum cornering and lean angles. Blinkers have been integrated with the mirrors for stealth. KTM does supersports justice by giving the RC 390 twin round headlights.

ERGONOMICS

Integrated pillion keeps the race look of the Cup bike. Clip ons and switches allow you a sporty and aggressive riding position typical of supersports.

SUSPENSION

Upside down forks in the front from WP is the same 43mm diameter as on RC8 R. This is real racing equipment. The Frame is the same steel trellis as the Duke 390 however the RC's has been optimized to better fit supersport ergonomics and riding dynamics. Versus the Duke 390 the RC's steering head angle has been reduced to 66.2 degreesm which leaves the RC with a much shorter tail and wheelbase vs the Duke. Alloy swing arm with WP shoc absorber reduced extreme torsional stiffness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks Amazing!! I wonder if it would be comfortable for 2 people. Of course, more from the India launch perspective. But I feel the pillion may not be that comfortable. That said, the RC 390 is cool. Super Cool!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool looking, nice clean and sharp lines. I would love to be able to take it out for a test drive!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What price do you think they will be? I'll chuck a guess in at $10 grand, that's compared to $7500 for the duke.The RC is super cool,much better than the D,and this has spurred me to take a liking for this,but while driving on the roads this mostly wont catch as much attention as a duke does.