Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firelily99 View Post
    Very carefully although its not a huge drop down to the water. Its high enough to get my attention though but the drop is sublime! Nice and peaceful there and hardly anyone comes around when I am swimming.
    Sorry, you mean where? I gotta kinda confusing with this post in particular, you mean over there? Right? I can imagine you guys have a lot humidity living so close to a big quantity of water! That's why I dislike cities located near the sea. How was the winter there? Super cold? Colder than last year, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala85 View Post
    I was a stupid little imbecile think Asia is the only hottest place on earth and that others were always within the cooling ranges.Biking in 50 deg Celsius is going to be a hard task for sure.No offence,but i have never heard of temperatures crossing 50 deg celsius as yet.There is still some time left before global warming peaks up and temp starts to soar.Yeah i knew about mexico being a furnace like place to live in but i never though the states too would be in the same temperatures..!!
    You might not have, but you'd be surprised to hear in some places temperatures can be that high and a bit more in the middle of the dessert. I honestly don't mind whether you believe it or not. I don't have any reason to lie, nor do I gain a thing by doing that. I live right next to the Mexican city of juarez (el paso) and is basically surrounded by a dessert. A lot people die crossing that border on their way to the US, because they have to cross that dessert.
    Last edited by Trellum; 06-27-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala85 View Post
    Cool little joke..a desert..You live in Texas right..??
    You could wear a covering sleeve on your left hand and try some aloe vera while driving,it keeps you hydrated and protects you from a tan.Get some cotton shorts fast trellum..:P :P
    I live in the south of Texas to be exact, and no, I'm not joking at all when I tell you it does get hot. A lot people die trying to cross this border, because of the desert. Thanks for the tips, so far I haven't got skin cancer so I think I'm doing good, I'm just glad our weather is more on the dry side, if it was humid then it'd be just exhausting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by titohunter View Post
    That depends on where im riding to. Alot of the time i ride with no shirt, swamp pants, and a helmet. If im going in the city i'll wear one of those tops you go surfing in and im fine.
    Lol, woah! Really? Hehehe, feeling daring sometimes, don't you?! I have never ever seen a guy ride a bike shirtless, that got be interesting I guess you do use sunscreen, right? Kudos to you for riding during the summer, I have heard misssissippi is kinda hot isn't it? More on the humid side, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    I live in the south of Texas to be exact, and no, I'm not joking at all when I tell you it does get hot. A lot people die trying to cross this border, because of the desert. Thanks for the tips, so far I haven't got skin cancer so I think I'm doing good, I'm just glad our weather is more on the dry side, if it was humid then it'd be just exhausting.
    Ok,easy,i never did tell you were lying,i was not able to believe it and that's all..:P.Oh and yeah aloe vera is for general use and you can keep yourself hydrated all through.The funny part is,the temp here is around the 40 degree mark but it ain't dry..it is too humid..!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be, July is the worst. They say that August is the worst month of the summer but I heartily disagree. I would prefer the dry heat too but then I would have to give up the glorious color show in the Fall in New England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Connecticut is right on Long Island Sound which is fed by the Atlantic ocean. Plus we get weather from three directions - the Midwest, the South and Canada. Winter was awful last year, the worst that we have had in a long time. Mainly the heaviest of snow heads north of us so we get hit but not as blasted. When I swim I have a nice pool of water in a small hidden quarry - there are lots of ponds, rivers, streams and lakes around here which makes for good fishing and recreation in th summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    You might not have, but you'd be surprised to hear in some places temperatures can be that high and a bit more in the middle of the dessert. I honestly don't mind whether you believe it or not. I don't have any reason to lie, nor do I gain a thing by doing that. I live right next to the Mexican city of juarez (el paso) and is basically surrounded by a dessert. A lot people die crossing that border on their way to the US, because they have to cross that dessert.
    Its a shame how many do die and they probably haven' even accounted for all of them. All they want is a better shot at life and end up losing theirs in the process.