Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novasparker View Post
    I did some quick math and began to realize that we are talking about 100 mph or so. Yes, this is fast, but for a sports bike, this really isn't as fast as I'd expected. I wonder how "quick" it is, meaning how torque-y is this bike. Does anyone have a 0-60 mph spec on the Duke? I do realize that this is a 390cc motorcycle, so it's not going to compare with the larger performance bikes like the Hayabusa, but I would think that they would add another gear to give it more top end. How many speeds does the tranny have? Sounds like 5.
    Novasparker,

ktm 390 is in a different segment as compared to the Hayabusa's and all. In fact, KTM 390 is not even a super bike. It is a fast sports bike. So 160 - 170 kmph is a good speed. I don't think it could any faster than that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once watched a video of someone who was riding the Duke 390 at full speed and the speedometer clearly marked 169 km/hr. So I'd say the speed can vary a little bit, it always does with most bikes, I've seen so many lists on the internet for several bikes and their speeds, and the speeds tend to vary. I guess how fast you can go depends on a lot factors, like fuel quality, the road, how experienced the rider is, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its listed as 169 Kmph then surely it ought not be false.The speed limit surely hinges on the quality of fuel used,so that spd might well be the one on a low octane fuel.
    Just a thought..How would this bike fare on biofuels.??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bike routinely touches 164kmh(on the meter) on the race track , totally stock! This is at the end of a 650m straight which is a slight downhill.The 390 touches 154kmh in 5th just before hitting the rev limiter,On this above mentioned straight I am barely able to shift into 6th for a few seconds before braking and down shifting for a hard right hander.

I think the 390 will touch 170kmh with the rider tucked in if you have a long enough straight, so true speed will be closer to the advertised speed of 100mph plus a few MPH.

I have also tested an aftermarket ECU with the rev limit shifted to 11500.IMO a Properly setup bike with a free flow air filter and performance exhaust,tweaked ECU etc should see this bike doing at least 170kmh true speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    160km/h is probably the top speed then. Unless you want to take the bike on a racecourse why would top speed be a concern. You cant do that sort of speed on the roads legally anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100mph??? Your not serious right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    171-175 kmh