Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question KTM Duke 390 Top Speed

I found this video of the KTM Duke 390 showing the speed hit by this rider on the bike was 160 km/h. Can it go faster? I can see that this is probably the max.. Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    160 km/h is a pretty reckless speed, you gotta love it! I'm sure you could tweak it for a little more, but it might be negligible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The speedometer dial was not clear so could not clearly read the speed achieved. Just curious, is this the Palm Beach Road, Navi Mumbai?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to know if it is Palm Beach or Navi. The guy in the video has some guts to take it that far. I like being alive, though, so I have no idea what the real top speed is. When researching it the KTM Duke 390 Top Speed was just about what he hit in the video. Don't try this one at home kids.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oivas View Post
    The speedometer dial was not clear so could not clearly read the speed achieved. Just curious, is this the Palm Beach Road, Navi Mumbai?
    I'm guessing is mumbai. I couldn't see the speedometer that clearly either, but if the guy was indeed going that fast (160 km/h)... I'd say that's a good speed. I've seen faster bikes with way higher speeds, but I'm really guessing that's not the max speed of the KTM Duke 390. I can almost best it can go even faster! I hope someone who actually owns one can clarify this for us I'd really like to know what the max speed of this bike is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure that ain't the top speed of the DUKE.i bet it can go much faster than the one displayed by the odometer.I have read that this bike attains a speed of 171 Kmph in ideal conditions.I agree that this wasn't ideal for the bike to showcase its prowess,but it just couldn't be clearly seen.The blurred vision could have displayed anything over 160-169.i presume it to be the latter for it is the one closer to the original speed.This guy has got real guts to rev the engine so hard and throttle it up.I could hear those vibrations reverberate in my ear.Truly,this guy deserves kudos for this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is most likely not the highest speed that is achievable on this motorcycle. However, I think that it bears asking the question, are we talking about the highest speed attainable from a stock bike or one that is modded? Most stock motorcycles are limited in the factory, though through the installation of a computer chip or other electronic device, riders can tap into additional power that is already in the bike and go faster. Plus, additional mods like beathers, carburators and more will add horsepower and speed to the motorcycle...so will simply changing sprockets and such. So, do I think that this bike can go faster? Sure, but can it go faster in it's current configuration, maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it can go faster though very few folks may have tried it. In fact the top speed is listed as 169 kmph on Wikipedia and I trust the source to be authentic. The top speed depends on various factors including the tuning of the bike and the quality of fuel. Thse factors can make a difference of 5-10 kmph in any bike. However, I would discourage anyone form going at that speed, even to try it would be a bad idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some quick math and began to realize that we are talking about 100 mph or so. Yes, this is fast, but for a sports bike, this really isn't as fast as I'd expected. I wonder how "quick" it is, meaning how torque-y is this bike. Does anyone have a 0-60 mph spec on the Duke? I do realize that this is a 390cc motorcycle, so it's not going to compare with the larger performance bikes like the Hayabusa, but I would think that they would add another gear to give it more top end. How many speeds does the tranny have? Sounds like 5.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novasparker View Post
    I did some quick math and began to realize that we are talking about 100 mph or so. Yes, this is fast, but for a sports bike, this really isn't as fast as I'd expected. I wonder how "quick" it is, meaning how torque-y is this bike. Does anyone have a 0-60 mph spec on the Duke? I do realize that this is a 390cc motorcycle, so it's not going to compare with the larger performance bikes like the Hayabusa, but I would think that they would add another gear to give it more top end. How many speeds does the tranny have? Sounds like 5.
    It is quite torque-y,:P at 8000 rpm.It churns out 36 Nm,unmatched when compared with Ninja 300 and CBR 250.!!.I guess 0-60 Kmph hovers around 2.6-3 s,exact value unknown.
    Yup,it does have 5 speeds.Good guess actually..:P